Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Coconut 'Cameroons'

What to take to tomorrows Stitch n' Bitch......humm?? I know, I'll whip up a batch of Macaroons, or cameroons as Andrew calls them. (Give him a break, his mothers named 'Twistie' ... that should explain some of it!) Macaroons make me laugh, all my life I'd avoided them, simply because of the name; I couldn't get past it. Last year I had an uncontrollable craving for coconut, so I bit the bullet and made a batch. Much to my surprise I loved them and realized that it was a good thing that I hadn't eaten them all my life as I'd weigh a ton by now!

Can you see the orange-yellow of that egg yolk? That's what they are supposed to look like! Now that's fresh!
I added slightly too much vanilla I think, fortunately it doesn't effect the stiffly beaten whites, the brown vanilla faded, much to my relief!

Added coconut, tried really hard to stay out of it....

fresh out of the oven, cooling on a rack, again tried really hard to stay out of them...

Andrew always like to 'Kick it up a notch!" yes, he's a huge Emeril fan. So I melted some chocolate....

.........to drizzle over the top!


Finished product! Out of this world delicious and as light as air!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what's the view from your world about that? I'd enjoy hearing it.