Monday, February 22, 2010

Drawing Off

In a matter of an hour or so after the evening barn chores are finished and the animals are tucked in for the night I'll finally be able to draw off the sap that has been boiled down almost into syrup. This is where it needs to be more closely monitored as it can go from nearly finished to burned on instantly. Just ask Ron....


And let me tell you it is not a pleasant job chipping burned maple sugar off the bottom of your best pot! I'm expecting to get about a quart of syrup, but we'll just have to see since I cannot float a brix.

1 comment:

  1. If you boil down "inside" your house...like I did my first maple steam experience...it removed every piece of wall paper in the whole house!!

    Good endeavor Twistie, yummy is as yummy does!

    ReplyDelete

So what's the view from your world about that? I'd enjoy hearing it.