Saturday, February 27, 2010

Seriously? Grasshoppers? Now? In my Kitchen???

Weird. Just. Plain. Weird! I walked into the kitchen yesterday and found 3 little baby grasshoppers in my kitchen near the sink and I thought what?! Well this morning I found a few more. As weird and whatever as this is, I'm not really surprised, Andrew is constantly bringing things into the house to add to his "Life Science/Nature Collection." In fact since the majority of our snow is now gone it has exposed half of a deer carcass on the side of the road about which he said, " Man I wish I could take that home for my Life Science Collection." (I just kept driving.) I'll question Andrew later about the grasshopper but right now I'm too busy chasing them down so I don't have anymore cycles of them hatching in my kitchen.....

2 comments:

  1. So - was it Andrew's collection? I don't think I've ever found baby grasshoppers in my house...thank goodness! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize it's gross, totally freaks me out but I do beileve I got them all. The only thing I can think of is one of two things:
    1. It was part of Andrew's collection and he just doen't remember or
    2. They eggs were laid in the pot of flowers I brought into the house and set on the counter by the kitchen window. How could I not bring them in, I'd started them from seed and it took all summer for it to bloom because of all the rain we had and it had just started the bloom when it was time for a frost! It's worked so hard how could I let a frost kill it? My honest guess would be that it was that, we had grasshoppers in the garden and that is where the flower was.....
    Andrew would be a good guess too though.

    ReplyDelete

So what's the view from your world about that? I'd enjoy hearing it.