Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Day of Giving Thanks!

Today I am thankful for the gift of music. Beautiful colorful music. Not noise, but music, and like lots of things it's a subject thing. I have a variety of music I like and some uh, not so much. I love the songs that grab you and make you relate to what the song is about and draws emotion from you like water from a spring. I'm primarily a country kind of girl, (a real shocker huh?) and there are some real tearjerkers for me because of the stories woven so beautifully through them. Then there are the instruments and the skills, practice and dedication to those instruments to make them emote so beautifully as well. Both of my children play the piano and we dabble occasionally with the guitar and violin/fiddle. I love listening to them practicing and dabbling to come up with their own version of music and try their hands at writing a song. I'm anxious to see how that eventually plays out. Music is a beautiful thing for which I am thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Nope no real shocker there about the country music thing! I can even name your favorite singer to!! I won't. I sometimes hear your children making their own music on the phone too. I like good music too!!

    ReplyDelete

So what's the view from your world about that? I'd enjoy hearing it.