Saturday, January 16, 2010

WOW what an experience!

Today went a bit different than I planned, though my days often do. I went to the gun show as planned and I'll tell you that I had no idea guns came in that many shapes or sizes! It was an experience! My son is very happy about being given two post cards that were signed by a real life Texas Ranger!! (His favorite movie is Lonesome Dove, and loves the character of Robert Duval.) He was stunned to say the least when the guy behind the counter handed them to him, rarely is my son speechless and today he genuinely was! After the show we went to my parents home and did some target practicing, for today that was more fun than sewing in the basement; so it looks like I'll be a little later opening my shop but since there's no pressing deadline I guess it will be fine.

1 comment:

  1. Barb, the grunt!Sunday, January 31, 2010

    I heard the recoil of guns being fired from across the road a piece. It may not be "PC"...Truly think everyone that wants to learn how to fire a gun should be given that chance and choice. Once you fire a weapon, for me, it made me respect that weapon even more. Not something to fear once taught correctly, always with respect and knowledge.

    Your handsome cowpoke speechless? Well, that was a rare moment indeed!

    ReplyDelete

So what's the view from your world about that? I'd enjoy hearing it.