Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Power Outage

We had a humdinger of a storm last night and lost power, again. Actually we're very used to it at this point, if there is a slight chance that somebody in the state might lose power, ours automatically goes out, last night was no exception. I was surprised that it didn't go out earlier than it did and came back on as soon as it did, it was a wicked storm! The kids and I sat at the table and while they played a board game I knitted. It made me think of the pioneers, they really must have wanted freedom, (in various senses of the word) to have stayed here. I actually don't mind power outages, at least temporary ones, I wouldn't want to live that way for long, I like my electricity. Though not having the tv blaring is nice, I'd miss the internet if it was off for too long.
The kids had a blast, I don't think they mind outages either, once we get a candle lit...

1 comment:

  1. I love the photos. When we moved back to the far country five years ago we lost power twice in the first week - in the middle of summer. ;-) We now have a generator which makes things easier. I don't mind minor outages either - it's the day-long ones that get to me.

    ReplyDelete

So what's the view from your world about that? I'd enjoy hearing it.