Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Now that's customer service!

Went to the feed store today to get grain for Garlic and the kind that I buy had been bought out (again) just minutes before I came in, but was told not to worry, they were expecting a grain delivery any minute. So I told them I had one more stop to make and would be back to pick it up after they unloaded it, as I was paying for my items they got a call from the driver of the aforementioned grain truck saying that he would not be to the store until after 5:30. Now I don't know how Garlic knows how much grain he is supposed to get, but if there is 1 ounce less than normal he gets cranky. (Yes, the solid gold sweetheart gets cranky, I'll admit it.) So I knew I'd have to go to the other feed store about 35 minutes away to get his food. FYI, there is a closer feed store that is part of this locally owned chain but I refuse to go back to that store even though it is just a few miles close to my house, complete incompetence on their part, I won't go into details, but I refuse to do it. The store employees know this because I've needed other things in the past and they'd mentioned that the other store might have it and I told them thank you but I'll wait because I refuse to do business with that branch. (Just to let you know it's not just me that feels this way, that branch has quite a reputation for that.) So a store employee, (who by the way knows what grain I buy, which might be an indication I'm in there too much or that I have too many animals......nah, couldn't be that!) offered to go to this other store and pick up 1 bag of grain for me! Can you believe it?! I wouldn't have ever asked, she offered, on her lunch break!! I was stunned and thankful and pleased as punch, and thought now that's why I shop local!

2 comments:

  1. Now that IS nice: excellent customer service, above and beyond. I too am a stickler on customer service, known to rant (at times) about "disservice." Glad it all worked out so well. Good for you AND good for Garlic. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was scanning the Cold Antler Farm blog as I do several times per week, & came upon your entry while reading comments on the latest post.

    I saw your picture..& sighed--I'm a born & bred New England girl myself who has dreamed of having a farm & a horse since I was a young girl. Glad I came upon your post & looking forward to reading your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete

So what's the view from your world about that? I'd enjoy hearing it.