Sunday, March 4, 2012

back in the saddle baby!

It's been a long time with everything that has gone in the past year with high's and low's but today I'm back in the saddle and let me tell you it feels good!!! Today I decided to saddle up Garlic and go for a ride. It's been a long time since I'd done that with all the ice we had last winter, all the death this past spring, the illness this past summer and fall, the business that brings in the end of year, now we're back to the beginning of riding season and I'm back in the saddle!  I mean this in the literal sense as well as metaphorically too, I cannot say the past year was easy or that it was handled brilliantly. I'd do it again if I had to but there were times that despite the peace I honestly felt there were times that things felt completely out of control and it's been a while since I felt like I had a handle on things, today was the culmination of feeling like things were back under control. As 'Boz' and I headed back to the barn we rode along in a rhythmic collected canter; mane, tail, and hair flowing behind us; both of us needing this and fully enjoying our time out. I was able to let out a sigh that as it was being exhaled surprised even me in it's exit. Long overdue that.

2 comments:

  1. So happy to hear of your good shared time together. Nothing like a happy horse ride to warm the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The testimony is in the test. And you certainly have a testimony of God's faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete

So what's the view from your world about that? I'd enjoy hearing it.