Monday, December 7, 2009

Quilt done - Check

A friend of mine is adopting a little boy from Estonia soon and I thought I'd make a quilt for this wonderful occasion. I decided to make this log cabin style quilt as is symbolizes home, the four squares in the center represent the two countries and the heart is covering all four squares to represent love and joining of lives together. As far as I know this young boy does not speak English yet, (or maybe limited at best) so I thought she could start teaching him the colors when she's tucking him in at night using this quilt. That's why the quilt is made like this, it had a purpose, it's not a traditional quilt, well seriously, what did you expect from 'Twisite' but it is traditional in the fact it's made with love.

3 comments:

So what's the view from your world about that? I'd enjoy hearing it.