Monday, October 5, 2009

Congratulations! It's Twins!

On May 30th (finally) our doe delivered her first set of kids and we were there to witness it! It was the first birth on our farm and it was indescribable! It was probably the most amazing thing I've ever had the privilege to witness. Now don't freak out, I was heavily medicated for both of my deliveries, (due to circumstances beyond my control.) but to experience the miracle first hand was beautiful and I feel blessed to have been fortunate enough to see it.




The first birth on our farm!! A little buck roughly 8lbs and unimaginably cute! Minutes old.

A few minutes later, we had a second delivery, a little doe, roughly 7lb with a firecracker personality. Minutes old.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I just happen upon you site. I love getting to read about you cast and your life. You are welcome to come by my site anytime. I have a Mini Nubian that is about ready to kid any day now. The waiting it very hard. We had a goat have a breech birth this past spring. We lost the kid and almost lost the mother too, so needless to say I'm very nervous about this goat now. God bless
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

So what's the view from your world about that? I'd enjoy hearing it.