Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Meet the Cast - Strawberry

Strawberry as she has come to be called, (well in all fairness she had that name even before we ever thought about getting goats,) is a purebred Nubian doe. Andrew again, he started saying shortly after we got Coreah that he wanted to live on a farm and have a goat named Strawberry and a pig named Scramble. (We had a pig for a short while and let me tell you, I do not see any in the near future, but that's a story for another day.) She belonged to my sister for a short while but she decided not to keep her as she wouldn't stay behind their fence, knowing what we have for fencing and all she asked if we'd like her, one catch, she was part of a herd that could not be seperated, she had a buddy, a little pygora wether that was part of the deal. I talked to my saint of a husband we decided we'd try it. So December 26th 08 they came to live at From the Country Farm. I really didn't think it would be an issue with all the herd animals getting along seeing at they are all herd animals anyhow. They all blended together nicely. FYI she stays behind our fencing... ours 'bites' a bit more than my sisters did.

2 comments:

  1. She's trying to eat the camera right? ;-) Hubby had goats as a kid growing up. Not sure I can convince him to get any more. But B just came up to me this week & tried to shock me by saying he wanted a pet mouse. I told him a pet rat would be better. ;-) And I even meant it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, she's not trying to eat the camera, she's just being herself, weird, but she fits right in.

    ReplyDelete

So what's the view from your world about that? I'd enjoy hearing it.