Monday, January 23, 2012

BEST chocolate EVER!

As some of you are aware we're trying a raw food lifestyle for better health and so far we're loving it! As many of you ladies may want to know 'what about chocolate?! I NEED chocolate!' Well let me tell to I have no idea how I've lived my entire life without these raw chocolate truffles. Not difficult or a long process to make at all, I mean really the food processor did most of the work and I'll certainly be making them again! I'm on the best chocolate high EVER! ;-)


Ok, so for the recipe, it is not mine, I just added an ingredient - maca powder. Trust me, these may sound weird based on the ingredients, but trust me after you try these little beauties you'll thank me! Trust me.

½ cup pitted prunes
¼ cup pitted dates
3 tbsp almond butter
2 tbsp Agave Nectar
2 tbsp cacao powder
1/4 cup grated unsweetened coconut
1 heaping tbsp maca powder
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa

Directions

Place unsweetened cocoa powder in a shallow bowl and set aside.

Combine prunes and dates in a food processor and process until finely chopped.  Add almond butter, agave nectar, and cacao powder.  Transfer to a bowl and mix in coconut by hand.

Scoop up about a tsp of fruit mixture and roll between the palms of your hand to form a small ball.  Roll each ball in cocoa powder and place on a tray or plate that will fit in your fridge.  Refrigerate until firm and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Can you share your recipe? ? They look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. anything with chocolate is good and those look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom has turned me onto eating more raw foods. I toy with the idea of going completely raw but haven't resigned my family to the idea.... Glad to stumble onto your blog. I will be stopping back in from time to time!

    ReplyDelete

So what's the view from your world about that? I'd enjoy hearing it.